Deal Origination (buy-side)
We support our clients in the identification and realization of attractive deal opportunities.
- Industry and target screenings
- Discussion and definition of the search profile of our client
- Explicit definition of purchasing criteria
- Structured analysis and documentation of target sectors
- Honest long- and short-listing based on meaningful profiles of potential targets
- Identification and approach of targets
- Personal, direct and absolutely confidential, based on our comprehensive industry network
- Buyer-optimized and with a clear and meaningful "pitch“
- Negotiation support
- As well as coordination of the entire buyside process if requested
- Implementation of buy & build strategies
- As outsourced M&A departments of our clients or their portfolio companies
Process Preparation (sell-side)
We execute entire sell-side processes on behalf of our clients – beginning with a thorough process preparation.
- Validation and, if required, redesign of strategy and business plan
- Special focus on the support of revenue and profit growth by means of clearly defined initiatives and measures
- High ambition level based on realistic assumptions
- Preparation of a convincing Information Memorandum
- Conceptually strong
- Analytic and backed by a consistent set of numbers
- Thorough preparation of the company and its management for the due diligence and, ultimately, the transaction
- From a content and financial viewpoint as well as personally
Identification and Approach (sell-side)
Approaching the right potential buyers is one of the key success factors of our sell-side mandates.
- Definition of clear-cut criteria for the pre-selection of potential buyers
- Hard facts such as industry focus, situation and investment size
- But also with a clear view of cultural fit, operating model, likelihood of success
- Identification and approach of buyers
- Typically following some pre-marketing based on our personal network
- Key goal is the initiation of a structured, competitive bidding process
- Reasonable balance between number of bidders and the complexity that comes with it
Due Diligence and offers (sell-side)
As a core element of our sell-side mandates, we manage complex diligence processes up to the final selection of a buyer.
- Management of complex due diligence processes on behalf of the seller
- Preparation of all relevant data for the virtual data room
- Preparation of and intensive coaching for Management Presentations, Q&A, Site Visits etc.
- Thorough analysis and ranking of offers
- Along full set of criteria
- Amendment / top-up where necessary or reasonable
- Final selection for SPA negotiations with a clear view on the hard criteria as much as on the soft factors
We provide comprehensive assistance to our clients during SPA negotiations until a secured completion.
- Prudent and provident contract negotiations
- with one or more bidders
- Focus on a value-optimized, secured signing/closing
- Intensive support of and guidance for seller and management